Monday, September 16, 2013

2013 Chequamegon



The conditions were perfect with a light breeze and temps in the mid 60's!! Only issues were with me, earlier in the week I was in a local lake with Pam and I's 2 dogs and my insulin pump got damaged!!! Then when I was riding on my trainer before the race my HR monitor stopped working??? It came down to reading my body trying to figure if it was the physical pain of biking or if it was the feelingd of high sugars or the feelings of going too hard. ---Oh well!!

That all being said during the race I was bridging up from group to group and feeling pretty good! I set a PR on Fire Tower---Nice but on the decent is where things got a little hairy while I was going around one of the many large puddles I slipped out and landed in the middle of the thing. My bike was all twisted up and after I straighted that up I had to hall ass missing a tandom for a fast road section---Dam. All in All I lost 3(+) min and still got 2:28!!

Well I am out of here

Later

No comments: